WHAT ARE SOCIAL STYLES?
Social Styles are external behaviors which once understood can improve the ability to relate to other people for mutual benefit. They are not about manipulating but facilitating by understanding, respecting and responding to other people’s preferred way of interacting.
Points to ponder:
- Each person has a self image that to some degree does not match reality.
- Social Styles are behaviors that are evident to other people.
- As we become more self aware we are less likely to be vulnerable to our illusions.
- To lead or attempt to lead without having knowledge of oneself is surely going to bring confusion.
- Many management problems are tagged “my boss said…, my co-worker is…,” yet typically this issues stem from our own shortcomings.
- Developing self-awareness increases our understanding and acceptance of others.
“You never know till you try to reach them, how accessible men & women are but you must approach each man by the right door” Henry Ward Beecher, Proverbs from Plymouth Pulpit, 1887
DISCOVER YOUR SOCIAL STYLE
Are you amiable?
Quiet, caring, indecisive?
Are you an expressive?
Life of the party, outgoing, procrastinating?
A driver social style?
A leader, a motivator, dictatorial?
Perhaps you are an analytical?
Methodical, reserved, aloof?
Or maybe you are all of the above?
SOCIAL STYLES TRAINING WORKSHOPS
Once you have attended the basic Social Style workshop you can learn how to implement this strategy in the following areas:
- Developing positive relationships in the work place
- Understanding the social styles of your team before you hire
- Improve interviewing techniques by applying your understanding of social styles
- Managing others effectively
- Motivating and Retaining: Which employee needs what?
- Social Styles Under Stress
- Flexing to accommodate difficult personalities
- Increasing one’s personal effectiveness
PRESENTATION FILES HERE: